I am a Ph.D. student at the School of Information at the University of Texas at Austin. My faculty advisor is Dr. Matt Lease. I am a part of the Information Retrieval and Crowdsourcing Lab. Before joining the Ph.D. program, I worked as a Software Engineer in Microsoft and as a Decision Scientist in Mu Sigma.
I received my Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Science and Technology from IIEST, Shibpur.
My general area of interests are Information Retreival, Natural Language Processing and Human Computation.
My broad research interest is in Fairness, Accountability and Transparency of Information access systems. Information Access systems play an increasing role in deciding what information to provide and how that information is presented. As a consequence, information access systems have the power to significantly shape user beliefs. My research considers three aspects of information access systems:
- How do we develop algorithms to deliver unbiased contents?
- How can we design interfaces for an unbiased presentation of these contents?
- How can we measure what it means to be fair and how well these algorithms and interfaces achieve it?
(DBLP and Google Scholar)
- Das, Anubrata, Kunjan Mehta, and Matthew Lease. CobWeb: A Research Prototype for Exploring User Bias in Political Fact-Checking. arXiv preprint arXiv:1907.03718 (2019). FACTS-IR Workshop, SIGIR 2019. [pdf, slides] This is a working paper and we will update the paper with some details soon
- Das, Anubrata and Matthew Lease. A Conceptual Framework for Evaluating Fairness in Search. arXiv preprint arXiv: arXiv:1907.09328 (2019). [pdf]
- Das, Anubrata, Neeratyoy Mallik, Somprakash Bandyopadhyay, Sipra Das Bit, and Jayanta Basak. Interactive information crowdsourcing for disaster management using SMS and Twitter: A research prototype. In 2016 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communication Workshops (PerCom Workshops) [pdf]
- Das, Anubrata, Moumita Roy, Soumi Dutta, Saptarshi Ghosh, and Asit Kumar Das. Predicting trends in the twitter social network: A machine learning approach. In International Conference on Swarm, Evolutionary, and Memetic Computing, Springer, Cham, 2014. [pdf]